Here are a few steps you can take to make sure you hire a pressure washer that will give you quality cleaning results.
Prior to calling a pressure washing company for an estimate, look over your house, driveway, sidewalks, and pool area carefully. Determine what stains, dirt, tire marks, oil, grease or mud you would like to see removed. Do you have mold on your siding or moss on your sidewalks? Do you have weeds? Are there areas of your home or yard you would like protected from the cleaning process? Make a list of all these items and their location and mention them to the pressure washing company when you have your initial meeting with them.
When it comes time to talk with the pressure washing company representative ask them the following questions:Pressure washing princeton nj
1) What marks will they be able to remove? Is there anything on your list that they cannot remove?
2) What type of equipment will they be using? (The pressure washing equipment should be a minimum of 3.5 to 4 gal/min and 3500 psi pressure washer.)
3) How will the process of pressure washing take place? Ask them for a step-by-step explanation of the process.
4) Ask them if they guarantee their work and if so for what and for how long.
5) Ask them if there is an extra charge to move patio furniture and plants off the deck and then if they will replace it when the job is done.
6) Ask them how long it will take to do the job.
7) Ask for a detailed proposal that itemizes what will be done, how long it will take, when they will be able to perform the service, references and guarantee.
8) Ask if a deposit is required and if so how much. Most pressure washer companies require a 50% deposit. Before giving them any money, find out the physical location of their office or showroom.
9) Ask them if they pressure clean themselves or if they hire sub-contractors to do the job.
10) Ask them if they are a member of the Better Business Bureau.
11) Ask them for a copy of their license and certifications. Certifications are required to handle certain chemicals that may be necessary to remove certain types of stains.
12) Ask the pressure washer representative if they have a website with photos of their work and videos showing them as they pressure clean.
13) Ask the contractor if they can give you a demonstration.
14) Ask for an estimate. To pressure clean a 1,000 sq ft area, you should not expect to pay more than $.60 per sq ft.
15) Get more than one estimate to see how different contractors compare as you ask the questions listed here. This will give you a very good idea who can pressure clean your house for the best results and the best price.